Originally trained as a construction technician (UK) and working for firms of Architects (Vancouver, Montreal) as a architectural technician becoming a project job captain. Also took AIBC Min Syllabus with a view to becoming an Architect, but found that I enjoyed ‘hands on ~ nuts and bolts’ far more! However, this background has been a huge asset as a builder. I continually take current construction / technical / management upgrade courses at BCIT and HPO seminars
Glover Co Ltd / Verne Glover (glovco) established his firm in 1975 and has a varied base of experience both in the residential and commercial sectors of the construction industry.
Residential Work (HPO Lic 23499) includes:
- Interior / exterior renovations and additions (small to very large).
- New residences (incl award winning) ~ Lower Mainland. Salt Spring Isle, Seattle.
- Built original R2000 homes ~ this standard is fast becoming code built requirements.
- We are now involved with ‘Passive House Design’ criteria.
- Design / Build (with the Architect) ‘cutting edge’ insitu and precast concrete work. This work as well as often being an integral part of a glovco project can be produced for other projects either directly for a Client / Architect and / or their contractor.
Commercial Work includes:
- Interior / exterior office renovations.
- Bank renovations.
- Church work new / renovations.
- Interior / exterior hotel renovations.
- New building incorporating stores and offices.
David McCairns (dsm) is a graduate of BCIT”s Building Technology Dept and has been working in association with glovco for over 22 yrs, first as an employee then to foreman and independently as Superintendent becoming fully independent as a Project / Construction Manager.
David is used to working on ‘high end architectural projects’ and is very detail oriented. His level of skill with insitu and precast concrete work is second to none!